3.23.2008

Ich bin ein Berliner - JFK

We got back from Paris yesterday and I still haven't made my way back to my flat. I'm at Sangeeta Bhua's for another night - I can't seem to tear myself away. So, in the mean time, I thought I would catch up on some blogging.
Pictures from Berlin
Berlin was interesting - I had a good time with Laura, Kristin and Sarah, however, I'm done with Germany. Is that bad? I don't know....but I just find Germany to be a very creepy place (for obvious reasons) and after two trips there, I don't really have any major desire to go back...I feel like there are too many other places in the world I still need to visit.


We got there on Saturday morning and jumped into things right away. I kind of did my own thing because the other girls were going to be there for longer than me. I did quite a bit in two days and am quite proud of myself for one thing in particular: I never allowed myself to even feel tired which was the first time in my life I feel like I've been able to go a whole day doing so much without letting being tired get in the way. That might not be a good thing...

Things I did:
Brandenburg Gate
Kennedy Museum (so up my alley)
Hotel Adlon (where Michael Jackson dangled his baby over the balcony)
Berlin Wall
Checkpoint Charlie
Reichstag
Holocaust Memorial
Hamburger Banhof Museum (Warhol, Lichtenstein)
U-Bahn

I'm sure there's more but I'd need my notebook to remember and I don't feel like moving.


The Kennedy museum was so cool, I saw the black crocodile Hermes briefcase JFK had with him in Dallas when he was shot. It was basically the story of a dynasty told in pictures. At one point I was standing there and I was just like, everyone in these pictures is dead...kind of creepy.

I didn't do any of the Holocaust museums because I feel like I did them all when I went to Dachau etc.

We stayed in a very decent hostel. I was the first person to our room for six which we thought would have rando girls in it, however when I went up, there was a grown man in the bottom of my bunk. Needless to say, I put my stuff down and ran out. I waited in the lobby for the other girls where we decided we needed to move rooms. Since they were going to stay for longer, Laura Kristin and Sarah got a 3-man and I got a double as a single. Which was the size of my room in London for 4.

Dinner's here. xx.

No comments: