1.27.2008

And then there were two...

Friday was a disaster. We tried to go to the V&A to have drinks and look at some exhibits (don't worry I caught a glimpse of a Giambologna) but it took everyone too long to get ready so by the time we got there, they were wrapping things up. But I'm definitely going next month. Afterwards we went to a few different places, but I think everyone was in the mood to be disagreeable. Kristin and I got carded at this RESTAURANT and I didn't have anything on me so of course the manager was like you can't drink which was fine. 5 minutes later he came up and shouted "Didn't I ask you to leave?" and I said no...you said I couldn't drink and I'm not? I love getting yelled at in public it's my favorite. I got yelled at at McDonald's the other day too. It was weird.

Yesterday Kristin and I had a Kristin and Ambika day again, which was just what we needed I think. We just walked around Kensington High Street...tried not to give into our vices of shoes and sunglasses, respectively. Although I did find a pair of stilettos similar to the shoes I've been trying to replace. They're a little less camel and little more cream, but they're darling. We had lunch at this amazing Thai restaurant I think called the Papaya Tree...it was done in all white and had orchids and things. (Chelsea they even have #9 from Bangkok!!) We're going to go there for Valentine's Day, don't be jealous. Then we had tea at muffin man...well, Kristin had tea, and I had milk and chocolate cake....

Nanima and Papaji called yesterday which was incredible. Last night I met up with Sangeeta Bhua, Sanjit Uncle, his grandma, and Shivam at Harry's Bar. We had a lot of fun and it was so interesting to talk to Nanni (sp?). She was a huge journalist in India - she started the first women's and men's magazines in India and interviewed all these incredible people. Mind you, she had lunch yesterday with the Sheikh of Abu Dhabi, who's name is ironically enough Nayan.

Afterwards they headed home and we went to Annabel's. Wasn't in the mood but ended up having fun. I was eavesdropping on the dinner conversation of the Princess of Ghana.

Maya cooked lovely Indian food for lunch and now I'm back at my flat. Have to do some research for some articles and homework...

ttfn (that's for you gautam, and probably chels)
ambika

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I live vicariously through you and your blog these days =) I'm so glad you're consistently writing them or I might go coo coo....Miss you loads, talk soon! xox

Sonia said...

Unrelated to current post: Kiran is flying to London (Bristol) as I type. I have a lot of updates for you today, it seems!

I also just spoke to your mom before my dad stole her from me. I will be getting her back once he is done speaking with her.

Why are all of these famous people at the digs you go to in London? Why is the Sheikh of Abu Dhabi called Nayan? Why is the sky blue? Why do you still love milk?

There are so many questions and not enough answers!!!!

I feel as though I did not address everything about this post which I wanted to. I may have to write another one :-|

Sonia said...

Oh, yes...yelling.

Why on Earth would you have been yelled at in McDonald's?!? What - did you not want fries with that or something? Strange.

Nani (I think that's what you meant?) does sound interesting, from what you have described. Who knew old people were so cool!!!

Anonymous said...

number 9!? my favorite! I miss you child, those websites were hot. All I do these days is pilates, journalism, and underwater basket weaving (seriously, it's ridiculous.)

ps: you WOULD get kicked out of a restaurant. and get yelled at at McDonald's. but, it probably would have happened to me too.