1.09.2008

...i'll think of something to put here...

quote of the day: "i think that's creepy but it suits you" ~kn

That was in response to seeing if "Gimme More" (as in Britney's song) was an appropriate title for today's entry - which I think it is considering I want more of London...but whatever.

So not going to bed on Monday night was a grrrreat idea, I was ready to pass out about halfway to Chicago. We met up with Kristin, and it wasn't long before we discovered we have enough episodes of Sex and the City and Friends to hold us over. The flight to London went over pretty smoothly -- minus the guy three rows behind us who had a pillow case on his head...while he was watching his iPod touch. Maybe it wouldn't be that weird if it was an ordinary pillow case, but it was the pillow case off the airline pillow, so it stood straight up. I sincerely tried not to laugh in his face.

We spent the night at the Regency and then packed up to meet the rest of the group at the residences. It was pretty intense -- Kristin and I lugged 5 suitcases up 5 flights of stairs, and then some because each flat is really up the stairs from the front door. Our flat is across the street from a hospital that Papa was in for a while, which is kind of depressing...but at least I know I'm tracing his footsteps. Mom left after she helped me unpack...the contents of half a suitcase are taking over the living room which is actually making me feel right at home. So then we had to wait for half an hour for the people in charge or whatever and we went to the Kensington-Chelsea library, peeked into Hyde Park, and then had a disastrous lunch at a pub on Gloucester Road. So I THINK what happened is that the pub that was booked for like 90 people forgot that we were coming and didn't prepare, so we had to wait 3 hours for our fish and chips, which were full of bones. However the conversation may have made up for it - 5 sorority girls talking about politics, aids, morals and values? You be the judge. These two girls got plaaaastered at the next table, i think they each had 9 vodka sprites with black currant (?). Coincidentally enough, they got lost on the way to our next stop and rumor has it slaps on the wrists ensued. After lunch we went to Imperial College to talk about safety and rules etc., and then my flatmates and a lovely girl from downstairs, Carson, decided to wing it back to our flats on our own. We made a pit stop at Marks and Spencers (at my suggestion) to pick up some food etc. I went straight for the trifles, green apple juice, and chocolate rolls (big surprise there).

All in all, it's been a long but bearable day and I'm so looking forward to the rest of this semester.

No comments: