1.16.2008

Four Square

Ahhh what a perfect evening. Class was interesting, we had BLC but tonight's lecture wasn't so much British History as it was American perception of Britainand British perception of America. I enjoyed it and actually took a few notes because I would really like to learn about where I'm living. It would be so interesting to take an American history class here, just to see the angle they take, what they focus on. Afterwards, Kristin and I went to Sainsbury and got some dinner - their chicken tikka samosa was definitely eatable... Our flat was pretty jampacked when we got back..everyone cooking etc. I opened a bottle of chardonnay and then Erica, Kristin, Sarah and I went to Prince of Teck, a pub nearby and had some wine till close which was really fun. We just talked about really interesting topics and got to know each other a little better. We came back to our flat and it was just the 6 of us which was so great, we have such a great dynamic. More wine, more laughter, music, facebook, videos, stories....we got real. Mom and Dad get back from Milan tomorrow, then I'm going on a tour of the Museum of London, which may very well be the British Museum, at 2, and then the three of us are going to see the Sound of Music. I might go to Paris this weekend with a girl from downstairs (Kirsten) or I'm thinking about visiting Janki in Portsmouth. On another note, I'm so stoked about msn.co.uk....I hope they think I'm a good fit! Also, Nayan, if you would email me back that would be grrrreat. Chelsea did some research on what sounds like 1.5 great houses in Columbia, so I'm pretty excited to hear more about that. My friends think Nayan is cute lol but it's okay since he is. P.s. It's impossible to find Reisling here. Any tips?

xo, beaksy

3 comments:

ejb24d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ejb24d said...

Ok so I had to repost this because after re-reading I saw MANY errors:
So I must say reading your blogs make me so happy for you...unfortunately they make me realize the sad, boring life I am living. Perhaps it is because I am still in shit hole Blue Springs, who knows. Anyway, I just saw you called and got your message and I don't think I've smiled that big since I was in St. Louis. I miss you soo much! Not that I have your number expect a call from me VERY soon! Love you...

Anonymous said...

try looking for some gewurztraminer...it's another sweetish german white wine and it may be easier to find than riesling. I miss you, and I'll update you on the house hunt! kloveyoubyeeee