1.14.2008

Seriously? I wonder what it would be like if I was asleep...


Have you ever laid in bed wondering why you can't sleep when that's all you want to do? I'm pretty sure i'm nocturnal...I wonder who I should talk to about that. I had a very interesting weekend - Friday's orientations only corroborated my theory that this program is either not legit or run by half-brained twits, but I'm pretty sure it's a little too late to back out now. On Friday night we went to Harry's Bar, a fancy-schmancy private dining club, with Sangeeta bhua. We took a cab two blocks to Annabel's to see and be seen over coffee. I think my dad's pretty impressed with London, and really intrigued by this whole private night club thing. I actually read an article in Vanity Fair today, thanks to Erica, about Mark Birley - the man who introduced private clubs to London, which was rather interesting. Yesterday I ventured out on my own to Oxford Street and dropped into Selfridges. I wanted to have sushi at Yo! Sushi, but it was really intense and i got scared, probably because it wouldn't be the same as Wasabi. Last night was the Mittal party which was really interesting. I wore a black, gold, and pink Missoni-esque dress from bebe and actually stood out from the crowd of 15-18 year old girls stumbling around in black dresses, Christian Louboutins (sigh), and Chanel bags. It was so interesting to meet the Mittal moguls...I couldn't get over how ordinary they are. I can officially say I've met billionaires. All the girls in the family were so sweet to me. The open bar was a great hit, and when this woman with an albino python (pictures to come) walked in, I avoided her like the plague. I think I'm going to flip through my LSAT books until I fall asleep. XO.

No comments: