1.19.2008

Flatmate Fest Numero Uno

First thing's first - internship update: Shannon and I will be working for the entertainment channel at msn.co.uk -- usual start time isn't until 10am. Thank god someone understands that mornings just aren't doable for me.

After a lot of indecisiveness last night, all six of us actually managed to go out together which is actually quite an accomplishment. We took the tube to Picadilly Circus and went to a club on Haymarket called Electric Birdcage which was sooo much fun. Arriving just shy of 10, we beat the 20 pound cover charge which was a blessing once I coughed up 10 pounds, or $20, for a drink. With nowhere to sit, I asked one of the hostesses how we could get a table, and after just a few minutes, she had the manager kick a group of people out of their seats so we could sit down. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but we got a table without having to pay the standard 500 pounds for it! I'm pretty impressed, I'm not gonna lie. We danced for at least 3 hours in front of a DJ stuck in a birdcage - totally serious.

I woke up today with my usual super sloppy Saturday craving of pizza. I spent the afternoon figuring that out and exploring our neighborhood a little bit. When I got back, Shannon and I got super motivated and reorganized our living room. It opened up the room quite nicely, but it would probably help if we could all figure out how to pick up after ourselves.

No comments: