1.20.2008

Sunday Blues

Kristin and I spent the afternoon at a little cafe down the street and got quite a bit of work done...I dragged her with me to Picadilly Circus to get the Sound of Music which will only play on my computer, not an American dvd player, but it will be worth it I'm sure. Hopefully it will get me out of this weird funk I've been in since M & D left. We all start working tomorrow - Shan and I are planning on leaving at 9. I'm realizing that I won't be able to eat as much, and as well, as I'm used to -- everything's so expensive and I'm trying to spend wisely. Shannon just found ramen noodles for 40p - feels like mizzou.


On the brighter side of things, Chelsea found us an incredible house and I think we'll be signing this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good girl! You went out and got The Sound of Music!! The hills ARE alive! If you have been in a funk since the M&D left, I have a strong feeling that the wonderful music in the movie will perk you up a bit. You will be singing them in your head, out loud, to your roommates, etc. It will be great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and please splurge a little bit more than the 40p Ramen noodles. You cannot survive on food which needs to be reconstituted. I am sure you can afford eating something a little more ... normal ... and I am also sure that you will be much happier. There is nothing like good (real) food!

Real-time update: My dad just called down to my mom asking if she wants to "try Deepu now". That means shall we call your mom now, in case you needed the translation.

And what's this about Chelsea (who?) finding a house? You are moving already?!